Owner steps down
Logistics and transport specialists Frode Laursen’s long-serving owner Thorkil Andersen is to step down on 1 April, passing on the role of CEO to Thomas Corneliussen. The organisation will also be reorganised to bring customer collaboration into even greater focus.
Thorkil Andersen, 64, will become the new Chairman of the Board of Directors of Frode Laursen A/S on 1 April 2021. He will step down from his post as CEO on the same date, a position he has held since 1988.
The new CEO is Thomas Mølschow Corneliussen, 55. Corneliussen holds an HD in logistics, has an extensive background within the industry in Denmark and abroad, and has been a member of the Executive Board at Frode Laursen for the last four years. Prior to that, he served as CEO of Skanol A/S for 12 years, a company part-owned by the Frode Laursen group.
– The choice of Thomas Corneliussen means we continue the trend we have focused strongly on over the last few years, especially with regard to customers, strengthening the organisation and the green transformation. We are also using the occasion to adjust the organisation to bring even more focus on how we work closely with our customers. Finally, the move will ensure continuity for our personnel, because Thomas has deep understanding of the business and its values, says Thorkil Andersen. He continues:
– Frode Laursen has been a very large part of my life and will continue to be so. I will now take on a different role as Chairman of the Board, and I look forward to following Frode Laursen from a little more distance, but still taking part in its strategic development.
Thomas Corneliussen also looks forward to his new role:
– Frode Laursen is a very special business, with very strong values and unusually dedicated, skilled personnel in five different countries. I look forward to taking over responsibility and continuing the success the business is currently enjoying. Our strategy is in place, and we have a strong base on which to develop Frode Laursen over the next few years in a highly competitive market, while maintaining focus on the green transformation and digitisation.
Taking over from such a successful CEO is not easy, but we have prepared the ground well, and have considerable mutual respect and trust built over many years of working together in the group. We have also taken the opportunity to change the structure and bolster the rest of the management team, creating a strong platform for the future, bringing customers into even more focus.
The Board of Directors of Frode Laursen A/S will continue as before, apart from Thorkil Andersen taking over as chairman of the board from Kim Frimer, who will continue to serve as a board member. Frimer will continue as Chairman of the Board of Directors in the parent company, TA Logistics A/S, where Annie Thomsen is also a member.
Thorkil Andersen will concentrate on development and strategic support for the activities that come under TA Logistics A/S:
• Frode Laursen A/S
• Skanol A/S
• Agri-Norcold A/S
• In-Store A/S
• Development of logistics properties for non-group use
• Investment in transport and logistics companies and related businesses
The ownership structure of all the group companies will remain unchanged, keeping activities in the family and thus in Danish hands.